Subject: [Leica] Another great Leica Sushi Meet & Greet! :-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 22:11:42 -0700

Howdy gang,

Just like to report on the latest Single Malt Scotch,  Sushi, Saki meet
& greet in  Victoria Canada where there was a gathering of the following lugnuts:

Adrian Bradshaw - Shanghai
Dr. Joseph  Yao  - Hong Kong
Tom & Tuulikki Abrahamsson - Vancouver
Sandy Carter - Victoria
Irene & Ted Grant - Victoria

A warm Sunday afternoon sitting on the back deck complete with umpteen
dozen, well OK it looked like it,   LHSA M6's, plain old fashion M6's,
Bessas, Voigtlanders an R8 along with a mixed bag of lenses too many to mention.

A sort of pilgrimage from the mainland  to the big Island where we sat
out enjoying the warmth of the sun, the conversation, swapping cameras
and sampling several new single malts brought by the visiting friends
from far away lands.

I assume sometime in the future someone will post an image of the event
as there were certainly a number shot illustrating the camera and scotch
collection. Oh yes and smiling faces waving Leicas!

A pleasure to meet Adrian for the first time, who traveled from Shanghai
on business in the US and Canada.  Joseph from Hong Kong who made the
pilgrimage last year along with Tom and Tuulikki Abrahamsson. And
finally LUGGERS got to meet my assistant/associate Sandy Carter whom I
mention in posts quite often. And last but not least by any means, good
wife Irene.

The face to face meeting of folks from the LUG never cease to amaze me
of how LUGGERS are without a doubt,  a collection of pretty damn fine
human beings ..... even if at times we might appear like we're mortal
enemies!

It's when the name on the screen becomes the reality of a warm hand
shake and "Hello."  Man it's something else. :-)   Quite a wonderful
experience to meet face to face someone you've communicated on the
screen with like a brother or sister, sharing feelings and experiences
on photography and life in general.  Then here they stand arm out
stretched for that human to human hand shake of friendship.    If you
haven't experienced it, may I suggest if at all possible don't miss the opportunity.

So there you have it another successful meet and greet.

If I have any regrets from my recent shoot in Europe, it's missing a
couple of pre planned hand shakes, those things happen due to
interrupted plans.  The good thing is,  those who travel in their
profession understand how things change and merely plan to make it
another time.
We will guys! :-)
ted