Subject: Re: [Leica] Project Jerusalem, or the f/1.4 school of landscape
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 17:48:27 -0400

Frankly, I find these impossibly dark--which may be a question of gamma,
but, then, why should a viewer have to fiddle with his/her monitor to look
at your images?  That's your job.  As it stands, they're the farthest thing
from Eggleston, unless we're comparing the capacity for self indulgence.

CHandos

At 12:28 AM 6/4/2000 +0100, you wrote:
>Some of you might have heard me chuntering on about Project Jerusalem, or my
>experiments with colour reversal emulsions, or my f/1.4 landscape
>meanderings. Well, here are the first fruits. As usual, it's work in
>progress. For those of you who tuned in (or out) of the whole Eggleston row
>on the LUG, this work is very strongly influenced by him, so if you like
>your 'scapes conventional, beware!!
>
>Would love to hear if these images mean anything to anyone.
>
>     http://www.pinkheadedbug.com/projectjerusalem
>
>--
>Johnny Deadman
>
>photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
>music:       http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown