Subject: Re: [Leica] M2 with rubber M6 eyepiece as replacement problem
From: Pitak Chenkosol <pitakc@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 01:22:43 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Badris,

How about using an O-ring as a protective layer? Take your camera with you
to a Home Depot and get yourself several O-rings that match the size of the
M2 eyepiece. Cut it to size with an Exacto knife and glue it on to the M2 eyepiece.
That's gotta work. If you made a mistake, you still have a few more in a bag
to practice. The O-ring will also come in black if that is matter to you.
I would not mind the orange O-ring myself. This trick should work on any metal
eyepiece. Well, it won't look like an M6 eyepiece but it will serve the purpose.

Or you can buy an M6 eyepiece and replace it on an M2.

Pitak