Subject: Re: [Leica] Overseas Leica's
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 17:09:32 -0600

Right now there is a $400CAN rebate and the dealer gets a free SF-20 flash
which you should be able to convince him to pass on to you. It works out to
similar dollars as buying the camera and flash from Leica USA. Now, if you
were not planning on buying the flash, the numbers do not crunch as well.
The Canadian warranty is the same as the US passport, though warranty
service is an unknown quantity right now. I would not buy a M6-TTL camera
without a friendly local warranty connection as there have been problems
with circuit boards and I think shipping camera half way around the world
for warranty is a recipe for disaster. Lenses are a different matter with
fewer warranty problems. Just make sure that it looks and works well when
you buy it.

Cheers

John Collier