Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome -- flip side
From: Bernard <4829.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 01:50:18 +0400

Julian Thomas wrote:

> F**k the filter didn't work.

Hahaha..... yeah, sure.

>  Point one - there are no 'truths' there are only constructions.

I know that. But why don't I have the right to call someone a terrorist, if you
feel otherwise? I was asked if I really believe that, and I said yes. What's
your problem?

> Point three - you argue by cheap rhetorical gestures - what is a mantra?

What is music? What is an image? What is any word? You know what is meant, so
there's no need to elude.

> Define 'leftwing' without using emotive language.

You know what is meant, and that's enough.

> >From the amount of private emails I got from your last political outing on
> this list it is clear to me that you offend a large number of list members who
> merely shut up.

Oh? A secret club of oversensitive, overly politically correct weaklings? Sorry,
but in my environment I have to be strong to survive; I'm not a product of that
sorry welfare state, aka the UK.

> Keep politics off this list .

No; if cars, lighters, fountain pens, and PC/Mac computers and "Canadians",
police brutality, chain letters to help people in need, and hi-end audio
equipment etc etc etc ad nauseum are somehow tolerated, then occasional politics
shouldn't be much of a problem either.

> If you want to argue join anyone of the political listservs.

And precisely who do you think you are to tell me what to do and where to do it?

> We have people here who are from diverse
> poilitical/ideological/religious/economic backgrounds.

Right, so be tolerant, Julian.

> If you want to take this further, take it offlist.

No; you should have done that yourself.

> I'm sorry for subject others to this.

No, you're not, or you would have written me privately.

Bernard

Message from Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com> ([Leica] Re: Kodachrome -- flip side)
Message from Bernard <4829.g23@g23.relcom.ru> (Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome -- flip side)
Message from "Julian Thomas" <mimesis@btinternet.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome -- flip side)