Subject: Re: [Leica] Something useful
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 10:11:36 -0700

Hi everyone,

     For a decent gear book, I like Ansel Adams' "Camera and Lens", where
the basic concepts of the camera are gone over; there's a picture of a Leica.
Most of the basic formulas are there, and there's not much of AA's zone
system.  Though it's a little old, the basic camera types are explained.

     For a photography book, I'd recommend some kind of photography history
book.  Newhall's "History of Photography" is good.  There's not enough
awareness of the past of photography.  Photographers need to know want
has been done and where the roots of the craft are.  Who's O'Sullivan or
Jacob Riis? type questions; photographers should know this.

     A great non-photo book:  the telephone directory.   :-)

				Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net