Subject: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 09:09:16 -0700

It was never said, by me, that you or anyone else, should not use
Kodachrome. I encourage everyone to use Kodachrome. It is the grandfather
of color slide film and it would be tragic to see its complete demise. So
if "you" don't use it, it may go away.

Of course there is room for photographers of all ilk. Minox to 20x24
Polaroid. Rank amateur to busy professional. But if you want to use
Kodachrome, you MUST use a 35mm camera. You cannot even split it for use in
a Minox because it cannot (that I know about) be processed. You can process
any E6 in your kitchen sink. I started processing E2 in the early 50's, in
my kitchen sink. I was 14 years old. I still have those slides (6x6). Back
then I used Kodachrome in my Argus C3 and Ektachrome in my Rolleicord. I
still have the Argus C3. I only have the box from the Rolliecord. The price
is still on it. $149.00 .

I gave many of the reasons why the US photographic world does not use
Kodachrome. Kodak did this to us. We didn't do it to ourselves. When you
look at the Kodachrome process verses the E2/3//6 processes, it is no
wonder that Kodak put its efforts into the E-processes rather than the
K-processes.

Now why can I NOT get "real" Tri-X in 220? I can only get, you know, that
other film... Tri-X Professional.

Jim