Subject: Re: [Leica] Holy Wars Redux: Leica vs. Zeiss/Nikon
From: ARTHURWG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 21:10:23 EDT

B.D. is right again. The in-focus parts of the image produced by the Nikkor
f1.4 85mm is absolutely incredible. Portraits allow the viewer to count the
hairs in a man's beard, or the pores on the end of a subject's nose. The
contrast is beautiful as well. I wonder what other Nikkor lenses are as good
as that one? My 24mm Nikkor is a great lens, but no where as sharp as the
85mm. Arthur