Subject: [Leica] Scanning B&W
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 14:47:05 +0200

This weekend I have been quite busy scanning B&W negatives and Agfa
Scala slides with my Nikon LS-2000. In general I have always found that
it is far easier to get a good color scan (whether slide or negative)
than a good B&W scan. I know that I have to turn off the ICE etc., but
still many of my B&W scans are not that great. I would like to pose a
question to those who have more experience with this particular scanner:
is it better to make corrections like levels and curves in the scanning
software, or is it better to just scan without applying any corrections
at the scanning stage and just make any needed corrections in Photoshop
later?

Any other tips would be welcome.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch

Replies: Reply from Kevin Leong <kevinl@ind.tansu.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Scanning B&W)
Reply from "Simon Lamb" <s_lamb@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] Scanning B&W)