Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 2/35 pre-asph answers
From: John Brownlow <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 12:23:50 +0100

on 28/5/00 9:25 am, Franck Maubuisson at fmaubuis@club-internet.fr wrote:

> I used other 35mm lenses with much better results (canon FD 2/35 especially),
> and I also get sharper looking images  with the 2/50 mm
> summicron and with my new 4/25 mm cosina.

I never used the 35 summicron but I'll vouch for the 35/2 FD, which is a
spectacularly good lens. Almost as good as the 35/1.4 lux asph... ok, not
really, but considering I bought my FD used for about ONE TENTH of the price
of my lux... hmmm. And it really is a sharp, smooth lens... even wide open
close up, where it beats the leica hands down for framing accuracy and
close-focusing.

Glad my T90 sale on ebay fell through.

- --
Johnny Deadman