Subject: Re: [Leica] Website update
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 21:52:19 -0500

Doug,
Good luck with your SL site.   I'm a great fan of this camera and other than
the R8 and some really old Zeiss stuff, I think it's got the best viewfinder
I've ever seen.

I remember seeing that the meter cell was improved somewhere along the line
but I can't find the reference to that Info.  There's a way to tell if you
have the newer cell.   I've also noticed that the SL viewfinder has a slight
tint to it.  Mine had a slightly blue tint both before and after I had a new
prism installed.   My SL/2 doesn't have the tint.

I like the meter match needle better than the one in the SL/2 but the SL/2
had to change to accommodate the auxiliary light in the viewfinder.   I also
much prefer the way the SL back is opened.

The maximum meter sensitivity is +3 EV which is what the R4/5 is in spot
mode.  The SL/2 is +0 EV (four times more sensitive).   Only the M5 (-1) and
R8 (-4) are more sensitive than the SL/2.

If I was a lot younger, I'd have a hot shoe installed on mine and then I'd
send it to Japan to have it painted black.

Bud Cook