Subject: [Leica] Dang me.
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 13:57:18 +1000

G'day Bruce,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Alastair,

Great site, Loved your shots of Singapore, and at home. Dang me is a great
example of Noctilux usage. I just got back from a quick trip to Malaysia, and
didn't take mine. I didn't regret my light bag, but I shot some in a
restaurant of our customer with the Summilux, and I missed the extra stop.
they are just that fuzzy from the slooow speed.

What did you use to create your site with? It is very well done. I can see
the artists eye in it, that I don't have.

BTW I thought of you the other day, when my order of film from B&H in NYC
came in. Some of my Kodak film was marked made in Australia.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Bruce is such an Australian name. The Poms love to think that we are all
called Bruce ;-)

Thanks for the comments. I used to use simple HTML on a word processor
mixed with Netscape Gold/communicator, but recently I bought Adobe Go live
along with the upgrades on photoshop etc. Its good, and very useful for
"animation" and fancier stuff (don't know if you saw my opening page for
the last revision, prior to this), but to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure
that it is worth the excessive amounts they ask for the product. I've used
perfectly good HTML editors which were shareware, and I still end up
editing a lot of the HTML by using the word processor part of go live
anyway. (things like changeing the reference numbers/codes etc.) Here the
search and replace feature is a beauty. I'm still getting used to being
automated ;-)

Oh as for the artist's eye, I think not but thanks for the compliment.
Kodachrome is still made in Australia, and we used to have the best
processing in the world. Sadly the plant is being "downsized" and the
processing is now all done in Sydney, so its slower again :-( One of the
prices to pay for living in a small community, breathing clean air etc ;-)

I hope to update this home page a bit. I'm not quite happy with it in some
ways, but its been too long in the womb and just had to get out there,
before it was overcooked.

Cheers

Alastair Firkin