Subject: Re: [Leica] Newbie question on M
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 14:03:36 -0700

At 3:12 PM -0400 5/26/00, Bmceowen@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 5/26/00 9:30:50 AM, mimesis@btinternet.com writes:
>
>>> Bob (hasn't botched a load yet) McEowen
>>

>>Now that IS asking for trouble!
>

>Yeah, I know. I wondered about the Karma ramifications when I made that boast
>but it's true. Besides, I always check the rewind knob . . . To tell you the
>truth, I have more trouble loading my Nikons than I do the Leica (though not
>much as I've been shooting Nikons for 20+ years). Am I the only one that
>thinks the post M4 Leicas have a WONDERFUL loading system?  How much simpler
>could you get? Now the M3, THAT's a little tougher -- but still not bad . . .
>
>Bob (considers loading sorta basic) McEowen

I'm with you all the way on this one. I can't recall ever misloading an M4
or later (oops, I forgot about the time I put the bottom plate back on
before checking that the back was properly in place - lost a few shots
there). However, I sometimes still misload my Nikons, Canons etc. and dare
I mention the Hasselcrunch?? If you misload one of those, it is _REALLY_
misloaded. Fotunately the newer ElectroNikons and Canons complain to you if
they have been misloaded, so you lose time, but not shots that you think
you got initially.

something foolproof is a near impossibility, as fools are so ingenious ;-).

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com