Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 Summicron-M Comparisons
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:08:21 -0500

Thanks Rick and Henning.   I've been slowly replacing old lenses and since
there are a lot of pre-APO Summicrons available now I thought it might be a
good idea to get one.  However, I took one look at the MTF graphs for the
new 90 APO and they blew me away.   I've never seen charts like these.

The problem I have is that I probably use my 90 Summicron-R 10 times as
often as I do a 90 on my M body.   This makes it hard to justify putting a
lot of money into the new APO 90.

BTW, I read somewhere that the aspheric lens element in the new 90 is NOT a
molded element.

Regards,
Bud

Message from Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au> (Re: [Leica] 90 Summicron-M Comparisons)