Subject: RE: [Leica] Noctilux vs 50mm f/2
From: Peterson Arthur G NSSC <PetersonAG@NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 07:45:26 -0400

Simon,

I agree with it.  The Noctilux is uniquely great for the reasons expounded
upon by Tina, Ted, and others here; but its drawbacks include greater size,
greater weight, and greater viewfinder obstruction, and so my normal carry
around lens is the Summicron, which, within its more limited range of
apertures, is also optically superior (although I say that without
consulting Erwin's website and would defer to his findings as reported
there).  For all of these reasons, I would not part with my Summicron.

Art Peterson