Subject: [Leica] re: Benbo tripods
From: Damian Dlugolecki <damian@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 17:33:20 -0700

I own the Benbo "trekker" and a Gitzo cremaillere 3.  Trekking with the
Gitzo is out of the question.  But the Benbo is light an sets up in a
few seconds.
I find it indispensable for macro photography in natural settings.
True, there will be some shake if you are using a Leica SL as I do.  But
I have found that by simply resting a finger lightly on the camera body
while I trip the shutter release, the mirror slap is effectively
damped.  You will find yourself reaching for Trekker more often than not
and it is a great tripod once you get the hang of it.  Remember, these
are only tools to achieve an end.  No tripod is going to do it all for
you.

Damian
- --
http://www.teleport.com/~damian/strings.htm