Subject: Re: [Leica] Views on the Leica 135mm f/2.8 Elmarit M
From: MicroGrid@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 14:56:05 EDT

I like my 135 2.8. I have been using it lately on my M6, taking pictures of
my 11 year old daughter's baseball team. I decided to use this lens for the
slightly longer focal length than the 90, and because of the goggles. I like
them. and can tolerate the bulk. My other choice would be the 'flex with a
250, too long and too heavy. I've got an HM M6, and the goggles work fine
except the vertical alignment is off. I discussed this with SK the other day,
and she said it could be a quickie for $ cheap or a little more complicated
for ~ $90 US to fix. Sherry says the lens is a keeper, so I guess I will
despite my ogling at the 135 3.4 for it's size. The lens is performing very
well compared to my 90 'cron and TE. Sharp and good contrast on E100 S,
(although the days have been overcast). I purchased almost all of my Leica
stuff in the 70's so I shouldn't comment on price. That sounds to be a pretty
good price to me. Check out he eyes, Sherry says they are easy to knock out
of alignment.

Bruce Bowman
Killingworth CT

 In a message dated 5/25/00 1:11:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,