Subject: Re: [Leica] anybody actually shooting? yes, but nobody pays any attention
From: ksherman <ksherman@cottenmusic.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 12:27:26 -0500

b.d. and kyle,

i'm shooting.  everyday.

also, i recently spent time with my younger sister who was giving birth to
her second child.  her hubby was there, our mother too.
the delivery was incredible and quick.  i managed to work through  2 b&w
rolls and 2 color during the delivery.

used an m4p w/35/1.4 asph and an m6hm w/noctilux, though it was light
enough in the room i didn't really need the noctilux.  could have easily
used my summicron or summilux--just didn't have them with me!

kevin (my sister's husband) was very supportive of shannan, who gave birth
without any benefit of medication (not that she didn't want it--it's just
that Anna Kate wanted to be born IMMEDIATELY.  her brother jack took 25
hours to be born!), but he still managed to fire off the video camera.  <G>

they asked me to drive over from nashville to join them, and they asked me
to "document" the delivery.  i was honored and had a great time.  the
doctor, nurse and assistant didn't seem to mind my presence at all, and
they gladly got in the "it's all over now" shots.  i'm really pleased with
the way everything turned out, and i sent off the pictures to my sister
yesterday.

in addition, during the 2-1/2 days i was visiting, i shot several
additional rolls, mostly black and white.  i'm just finishing up
processingthe last roll or two of B&W (henry ambrose tells me i need a
bigger tank <G>), and i'll start printing asap.

loved the experience.  loved the leicas.  :-)

kim

Replies: Reply from ksherman <ksherman@cottenmusic.com> (RE: [Leica] anybody actually shooting? yes, but nobody pays any attention)