Subject: Vs: [Leica] Re: Benbo Tripods
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 18:16:13 +0200

You do not have to extend the center post - but if you do extend it to or near the maximum, it is indeed quite prone to vibration. Curiously I have not found this to be a problem in macro photography where the center post is tilted but with long teles and center post extended straight up. Oh well - luckily I am not that tall.
All the best!
Raimo
photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen