Subject: Re: Kodachrome Photo CD??Re: [Leica] A combination that works for me
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 24 May 2000 14:16:26 -0700

On Wed, 24 May 2000, John Coan wrote:

 From you post I presume Kodak offers the Photo CD service from Kodachromes, E-6.  I don't know much about the process, but it would seem to be a great way to get scans which are of high quality without purchasing an expensive scanner.
<<<

John,

PhotoCD service is offered by several of the better labs here in Sacramento.  The 3 grades of scans offered are an economy grade < $1 US per scan) which my lab told me it's best not to consider, a "master" grade, about $3/scan from which I've been able to make excellent 8x10 prints, and the "Pro" scans, which cost about $15 per scan and can be used to make prints as large as 16x20.  Kodachromes, E6, C41, and B&W can all peacefully coexist on a single CD.

The Epson printers often come bundled with an image editing program based on Photoshop called Photo Deluxe.  It's not as powerful as Photoshop but the price is right and you can play with the process before you spend big money on Photoshop.  Photo Deluxe may even be all you'll need.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!