Subject: [Leica] Re: Voigtländer finders
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@sierratel.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 20:45:04 -0700

Walter Bell writes:

|I am thinking about getting the Voigtlander 35mm viewfinder and using it as
|a 35mm finder (brightlines) and an approximate 28mm finder (full finder
|view). I am considering this in conjunction with the Tri-elmar to deal with
|the blockage of the normal range finder. Has anybody tried out this approach?
|
|Anyone with any experience with the Voigtlander finders in general?

I only have the VC-35 and the VC15 finders so far.  They are very bright, seem
to be well built.  Have very visible framelines and parallax correction.

I should note, though, that the two finders I have to date do not seem to have
the same correction.  To me, everything in the 35 appears slightly blurry.  I
had my wife, who does not need corrected vision, look through it and she says
it is absolutely clear.  I need about a -1 correction.  The 15 finder is near
perfect for me.  I am trying to accumulate a new finder each time I buy a new
VC-lens.

Regards, Bill Larsen