Subject: Re: [Leica] One Eye
From: Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 21:34:41 -0500

>shooting a rifle aiming with the left eye, but holding the rifle
>right-handed raises some interesting questions.. ie.  how do you use the
>sites, do you lay your head on the top of the stock?  I find this
>interesting!   K

>>  I shoot Everything Left eyed... Cameras, Bows, Rifles... But I am
>>  Absolutely right-handed

Yes, one's head is canted quite severely over the stock. My left eye
is much sharper than my right, although still needing substantial
correction. (I consider my right to be of Zorki quality and my left
like an old Tessar with heavy cleaning marks. I visited an eye
surgeon this morning and am considering LASIK; perhaps afterwards,
they both might approach Summicron quality. For the price of LASIK, I
can actually buy a pair of new Summiluxes!)

I aim my Leicas with my left eye, shoot with a left handed bow, and
shoot rifles right handed. It is not only completely uncomfortable to
use my right to aim, I also find I can't focus any camera at all with
my right, even through glasses.

- -Robert

- -------
PowerLogix R&D, Inc.
Main Office: 3921 Steck Avenue, Suite A105 Austin, TX 78759
(512) 795-2978 x107 (512) 795-2981 FAX