Subject: Leica Rifle Scopes WAS:Re: [Leica] One Eye
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 21:20:48 -0400

I'm left eye dominant, and right handed; so when learning to shoot I had to
force myself to use the right eye.  It's easy to use the left eye with a
pistol, but a rifle would bust your chops real good with recoil if you tried
the left eye trick I would think.

Now, on topic.... I see Leica rifle scopes for sale but they aren't
described on their web site.  Also, there is an expensive manufacturer
called Elcan ( for E. Leitz Canada).  I wonder if this still has any
affiliation with Leica camera.

Or, in fact, does the rifle scope operation belong to Leica Camera or one of
the other branches of Leitz and that is why it isn't on their web site?

Message from "kpeters" <kpeters@huntel.net> (Re: [Leica] One Eye)