Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Contax G2: Cost
From: John Brownlow <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 00:12:57 +0100

on 23/5/00 11:35 pm, Fernando Martins at fer@caleida.pt wrote:

> that's because you never (possibly) heard a $20,000 turntable :-))))))) with a
> $5000 cartridge and so on... these things are pretty reasonably priced too --
> given what they deliver...

All those :)))))) got me confused - you serious???, but speaking as a
musician, 25k will buy you a semi-pro digital recording studio these days.
Entirely ludicrous to spend more on reproduction technology than origination
technology. The best studio amps/preamps don't even approach those costs.
Like spending more on a TV than on the movie camera.

Ever sat in a recording studio and listened to playback off a 24-track
digital master? I have.

One born every minute.

- --
John Brownlow