Subject: [Leica] that LUG photo competition
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 00:12:57 +0100

jeez, what a lot of unpleasant bullshit about prices. Ten years ago I maxed
out my credit cards to buy a leica M3, and was eventually forced to sell it
for lack of money. kept the canon rf. went without food to buy film. only
just recently had enuf money to buy a leica again. still can't afford 'em
new. don't talk to me about prices. Okay, a user M2 and lens can be had for
less than the shittiest second hand car, but I didn't have a car for 10
years.

anyway, here's the point. the LUG competition is a GREAT idea. Some
proposals for comment.

- -- open a bank account, anyone can deposit what they like.

- -- try to get Leica to match funds

- -- one picture per entrant, submitted as sub-100k jpeg via internet

- -- only stipulation is that entrant must NOT own a leica

- -- theme?

- -- prize to be taken in leica equipment

- --
Johnny Deadman

photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
music:       http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk