Subject: [Leica] Leica's are tools
From: J Vaughan <sthawk_ontheroad@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 15:24:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hmmmm.
 Not EXACTLY what I had in mind. But  here's an exercise for ya.

 It'll cost ya about $100.
BUy some  5x7 trays and some chemistry to develop prints. you won't be
needing an enlarger so don't sweat it. Hell you won't even need a
safelight unless you can't operate in the dark.
1-box5x7 single weight fiberbase paper
1-oatmeal container
1-2x2" piece of copper or brass shim material
1-roll of BLACK TAPE (not electrical tape)
1-pin
 Make a pinhole camera... expose paper instead of film and develop the
paper negatives in your trays.
I think a good guess is ASA 25 for most B&W paper but  you could ask
folks... besides you will be making your own pinhole...
Now after you negative has dried contact print it (emulsion to
emulsion) with another piece of  paper. lay a piece of glass over them
and expose with a regular light bulb about 2 feet over the  prints.
 Now develop your print.
NOW marvel at what you've just done. Photography isn't about money.

Personally I am broke.. I can't even afford insurance for my car right
now so I walk.... I walk by the  pawn shop daily fighting the urge to
hock my leica so I can pay some bills. waiting for a couple checks from
from a couple collections who have recently purchased my book so I can
buy paper so I can print the images I made over the last 3 months so I
can sell them  too.

All I am saying is take a breath and realize that a Leica is just a
tool...like snap-on...

Jeremy
PS if anyone is looking for more info on pinhole photography drop me a
line OFF LIst and I'll be glad to help