Subject: ACTUALLY OUT MAKING PHOTOS (was: RE: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Contax G2: Cost)
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 23 May 2000 15:12:21 -0700

On Tue, 23 May 2000, "B. D. Colen" wrote:

<SNIP>
> ISN'T THERE ANYONE ON THIS LIST ANY MORE WHO IS ACTUALLY OUT MAKING PHOTOS...
> AND INTERESTED IN THINKING AND TALKING ABOUT THE TECHNIQUES AND PHILOSOPHICAL
> ISSUES INVOLVED?

Yep, got most of my Yosemite photos back last night.  Got some nice shots of the girl who used to run away from cameras; one even shows her smiling and leaning toward her friends in order to get in the picture.  Not spectacular PJ work or museum-quality art but indisputable proof of a miraculous transformation.  I doubt she would have been so cooperative toward the end of the week if I had tried to get pictures against her will earlier in the trip.  On the rest of the photos - I'm learning to love wide - wider - widest lenses.  The 21 is FUN to use.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!