Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Contax G2: Cost
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 12:32:17 -0400

I've missed the beginnging of this thread, but reasonable compared with
what?    If you're just comparing standard build quailty and features, my
M6 cost me about $1,000 more than my Minolta 9, but doesn't come close in
terms of build quality, or included features (regardless of whether or not
you want them).    Maybe the Leica's optics are better, but so what?  If
you like using Leicas, then you will  use them, just as I do.  The wealthy
will simply buy them, the rest of us will somehow scrape up the money.  But
there is nothing reasonable about them.

Dan C.

 At 05:03 AM 23-05-00 -1100, Takeshi Hashimoto wrote:
> Nonesense. Do you know what the cost of doing busines in Germany is? In
1971, an M4 cost $500. They're actually cheaper now, factoring in
inflation. Leica prices today are VERY reasonable.