Subject: cost analysis (was: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Contax G2: Cost)
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 23 May 2000 06:40:47 -0700

On Mon, 22 May 2000, "Bud Cook" wrote:

> Most people make the mistake of looking at what something costs to buy
> rather than what something costs to own.   That's why people buy new
> American cars every few years rather than buying a Mercedes which gives you
> an option about deciding just how many decades you want to drive it.

This analysis works if your transportation needs remain constant for decades.  Mine haven't.  My photographic needs (on topic) have also changed over the last 30 years but the Leica I'm using (SL) was designed well enough that it has met the vast majority of my needs.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!