Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Contax G2: Cost
From: "Fernando Martins" <fer@caleida.pt>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 00:49:57 +0100

> If one chooses to buy a G2 and what you really want is an M6,
> but you believe that "cost" is a big factor, I say you're mistaken.

I know what you mean. I realized I wanted "the real thing" and get
the absolutely best, without any doubts about it, sort like of buying
a McLaren F1 some years ago -- the absolute best, without any
competition.

I had a nikon F601, and I wanted better a year ago. I saw the F90x
(N90s in the USA) and thought "this is the upgrade I want". then I
saw the F100, and I *knew*, instantly, that this was the one to make
me smile to own, handhold and use. I thought very carefully and bought
the F100. I couldn't be happier with an SLR (NO FLAMES, PLEASE).

now I want to do the right thing again, I know me pretty well, and if I
bought a G2 I would always be thinking about the M6 -- I don't want
that, so I'll buy a M6. when? with the mortgage, furniture, marriage,
kids, etc -- maybe in a few years :-( ... but I can wait...

fernando.

Replies: Reply from "Simon Lamb" <s_lamb@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Contax G2: Cost)