Subject: [Leica] Re: Wedding film b/w
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 16:27:24 -0700

At 03:00 PM 5/22/00 -0700, Arthur Leyenberger wrote:
>It's been 25 years (OK, almost 30) since I shot b/w
>film - when I was photographer for my college
>yearbook. It was TRI-X back then, bulk loaded, and
>with minimal technique. I've been away from b/w since
>then and now am into Leica M. Hopefully my technique
>has improved too :)

Buy a 100' roll of Tri-X, bulk load it, and use minimal technique. Nothing
has changed. You already know how to do this.

If you want, you can buy it already spooled in 36exp rolls. But the
technique is the same.

Don't put too much thought into this. Set the meter to 400. Set exposure,
focus, push the release.

If it's really dark, set the meter to 800. Tell the lab to push it one
stop. Everyone on the planet knows how to soup Tri-X.

Your pictures will be great. This is a no-brainer. Leica lenses and Tri-X
love each other.

If you want to use Delta something, talk to Mark Delta Rabiner. It might
even be better. Mark is B&W. Not because he lives in Portland, but because
he uses and studies it constantly. Do whatever Mark tells you.

Jim

Replies: Reply from "AWSteg" <upstream1@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Wedding film b/w)