Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V17 #107
From: "Les Bonser" <lbonser@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 11:26:59 -0700

I'll put in my two cents. I upgraded to Windows 2000. Very nice compared to
previous versions of Windoze. So far it seems to be very stable.

But...there appears to be no drivers for scanners and CD-R writers. I've
accumulated a mass of slides that I need to scan, but my scanner won't work.
Several visits to the manufacturer web site indicates that they are working
on it, but no due date. E-mails to the manufacture voicing my distress have
gone unanswered. Visits to other manufacturers indictates the case is about
the same for all the scanner makers. I don't understand what major changes
they made to Win2000 that broke all the previous scanner software
drivers--all my other software seems to work just fine.

And before anyone suggests it, yes, I know I can always go back to Win98 or
even set up a dual boot machine. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Les Bonser
Writer and Photographer
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
http://home.att.net/~photodoglv (Home of the PhotoDog!)