Subject: RE: [Leica] Cold light
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 10:22:10 -0400

> You MUST reduceyou developing times from the "standard" Kodak times by
about > 25%; even better, use a compensating developer like Rodinal or
Acutol (better) AND > reduce your times by 25%. This will give a MUCH
better result with the condenser > than youcan get with cold light. Trust
me.

Been there, done that.  Not even close.  I get a far better tonal range,
and much better definition with my cold light than any procedure I have
ever tried with a condenser.  The incandescent light source just can't do
what the cold light source can...

I also overdevelop my negatives by %30 for cold light printing.