Subject: RE: [Leica] 90mm f/2 APO ASPH
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 08:16:06 -0400

I'm not certain that this "passport" you are describing is the same as the
one that Simon is referring to.  You appear to be describing the standard
Leica International Warranty booklet that Solms may be referring to as a
Warranty passport.  This is not the same as the additional warranty
"passport" that Leica USA (and now Canada and apparently UK) provide as an
additional service to their customers.  This special passport is a warranty
that is basically an insurance policy against any damage that might occur
to the camera or lens.  The standard International Warranty does not
provide this kind of coverage.

Dan C.