Subject: RE: [Leica] Any Photokina New Products Rumors?
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 03:00:46 -0400

Some time ago, Jeff Moore wrote:

> So...  the excessively obvious conclusion based on this broad hint is:
>
>  - That 28/2.0 ASPH we've been hearing about
>
>  - A lower-mag body
>
> The latter is certainly an intriguing idea.

I was thinking the same thing, and had considered suggesting a lower mag. VF
M6 back when I was one of the (make-believe) chair of the Leica board on
this list a few weeks ago.  But then I wondered about the effective base
length of the rangefinder on such a model--would that make it less
appealing?  It would surely be more convenient than having to use an
accessory finder, though.

Dan (who has been too swamped at work to keep up with this list, and now has
945 unread LUG messages to go to catch up <sigh>)