Subject: Re: [Leica] Filter for hospital shots
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 20:37:23 -0400

At 02:07 PM 5/18/00 -0700, you wrote:

>Having shot many birthings over the years I'm always surprised when a
>"father to be" says he wants to take his own pictures, as he's an
>important part during labour in giving his wife care, therefore part of
>the subject to be photographed. I've yet to see a father photograph
>himself while giving his wife comfort.
>
>ted

Ted -

Would you believe this photographer-mother planned on shooting photos of
the birth of her fourth child herself!  I had the camera out, loaded and
everything and was going to shoot from the mother's perspective. Laura was
born at home with two midwives in attendance, hence no medications at
all.  As it turned out Laura weighed 12 pounds and 11 ounces!  Needless to
say, I forgot all about photography and cameras for hours before and after
her birth.  I do have some nice photos of the next day when I put her on my
back and went out to hoe the garden!  Boy do we do crazy things when we are
young!  Laura will be 20 years old on the 29th of May.

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com