Subject: [Leica] Passport ?
From: "Marthe & Rene" <marthe.rene@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 11:18:12 -0400

In Canada, new Leica equipment comes with a small multipage warranty card
that indicates the two year warranty and list the Leica agencies worldwide
and has a place in the back for the dealer's signature and stamp.

My M6 which I bought from a fellow Lugger from the USA had a similar
warranty card but also came with something called the "Leica Pass
International" which has a place to write personal information followed by
an area to write the serial number of your cameras and lenses. It has the
same worldwide distributor list as in the warranty card and includes a small
gray card in the middle. I didn't think it had anything to do with my
warranty, just a convenient place to list the serial numbers of my
equipment.  Is this the Passport that everyone refers to?

This discussion about Leica Passport made me look at my warranty cards.  As
I was opening the box for my 90 f2 APO ASPH, I noticed that the box said
"Made in Canada", the lens is stamped "Made in Germany". My R8 motor drive
says "Made in Portugal" both on the box and motor drive. The Nicad charger
says "Made in China" on the box, no indication on the charger.

Anyone else have a box that says "Made in Canada" with a lens that says
"Made in Germany"?

Rene