Subject: Re: [Leica] mirror reflections
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 13:51:10 +0100

on 18/5/00 12:38 pm, Brougham at brougham3@yahoo.com wrote:

> I'm really impressed with Kodak's 400CN film under harsh lighting
> conditions.  I've been reading people saying that it wasn't contrasty
> enough, so I purposely shot scenes with high contrast ranges.
> Rendered beautifully.  :)  I can see where it would need to be printed
> on higher contrast paper for normal contrast scenes.

I agree. It's a stunning film for some purposes. For REALLY high contrast
ranges, try a consumer C41 film like Kodak Gold 200, then scan as b/w.
Amazing tonal range, and excellent sharpness/granularity. Kodak's consumer
print films are one of the unsung marvels of the photographic world.
- --
Johnny Deadman

photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
music:       http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk