Subject: [Leica] mirror reflections
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 04:38:32 -0700 (PDT)

I discovered a new parallax error that I hadn't really thought of
before getting my M6.  I was pampered by having the frame lines change
with my focus, so I thought I was all set.  I took some shots that
included parts of mirrors, with the mirrors reflecting interesting
bits and pieces of subjects.  (Well, what *I* thought was interesting.
I attempted to include my head and Leica in a rear-view mirror.
Whether or not that's interesting is debatable, I suppose.)  I ended
up with just one of my eyes in the reflection.  Of course, that one
eye is exceedingly crisp (using 35 ASPH shot at f/2).  Everything else
is soft and mellow, as I expected.

So now I've got something else to work on...learning to remember to
adjust my vantage point to that of the lens, and then recompose before
shooting.

I'm really impressed with Kodak's 400CN film under harsh lighting
conditions.  I've been reading people saying that it wasn't contrasty
enough, so I purposely shot scenes with high contrast ranges.
Rendered beautifully.  :)  I can see where it would need to be printed
on higher contrast paper for normal contrast scenes.  I'm not sure
what it is, and I questioned other people about it previously, but I
really like the Leica range finder + B&W combo.  Maybe it just seems
like since the camera is retro, my film should be, too.  :)