Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: velvia vs. provia
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 14:29:37 -0700

Takeshi Hashimoto wrote:

> --
>
> On Wed, 17 May 2000 12:28:25   Mark Rabiner wrote:
>

> >I like the 100VS  but I don't know **** from shinola about color!
> >Mark Rabiner
> >

> Kodak caution about using this film as a general-purpose material. You may want to consider PKR (Kodachrome 64 Professional) for a general-purpose material. E100 VS is not nearly as sharp as K25 or K64, or even K200, for that matter. Aside from being grainier, I use K200 (instead of E100 VS) whenever I need something faster than 25 or 64. The color from K200 (PKL) is fabulous!

It's awfully great to hear from someone more into Kodachrome than I am!
Takeshi! you are going to be a major inspiration! Glad you're here!
Kodachrome rules!
Mark Rabiner
What's your take on the magical synchronicity between Kodachrome and Leica M glass?
an unbeatable combination that is like it's own form of photography.
I think they go together somehow like jelly on jam…
or....