Subject: Re: [Leica] 24 mm
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:56:46 -0700

Jeff Alford wrote:

> While it is true that B+W filters do not fit under the hood of the 24 (also
> the 21 and tri-elmar, all use the same hood) Heliopan filters work like a
> charm.
>
> Jeff

If I tighten my new multicoated scratch resistant 060 yellow-green B+W filter
onto my 24 I have a heck of a time getting the hood on. I think it won't fit.
But if I untighten the filter slightly; then the hood goes on easily. There is
no ratteling and no danger of the filter falling off as it is not that loose and
the hood would keep it on anyway. I'm sure it's optically flat.
Mark Rabiner