Subject: [Leica] lug etiquette
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 21:23:12 -0700

>I'm in photo retailing as well. I think Michael is right about the pros. All
>it takes is an AE-1 and a business card and you're in business. The only
>thing worse is a real estate agent on a budget.

t-nut (!?),

no one is disputing michael's right to his opinion. i believe the
contention arises from the way in which he expresses it. for example, if i
write: "i don't give a flying f*** what you or that other a****** think of
pro photographers and their s**** nikon f5s, you flaming dumb f***!" i'm
liable to ruffle a few feathers here on the lug, where folks are used to
more civil forms of disputation. if, on the other hand, i put it thusly:
"i've dealt with many professional photographers in more than 20 years in
photo retailing, and have found them to be rude and unpleasant," many
luggers will still choose to differ with my opinion,  but the resulting
exchanges will not be peppered with the brash vulgarities we have seen
coming from the aforementioned uncooth individual.

guy

Replies: Reply from Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net> ([Leica] New List Member, New Leica Owner)