Subject: Re: [Leica] m grip
From: Peter Jon White <PeterJonWhite@PeterWhiteCycles.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 17:21:04 -0400

I use the aftermarket grip on my M4, and a Leica grip on my M6. The
aftermarket grip is in two parts, The grip can be removed and the baseplate
left on. This comes in handy for those impromptu shots of me and my wife
using the self timer. Removing the grip section eliminates the blockage of
the self timer, while the baseplate of the camera is still protected.

Since the M6 has no self-timer, the Leica grip is preferable since it
weighs less.

Both provide a tripod socket centered on the body.

At 01:18 PM 5/15/00 -0700, you wrote:

>i just got a hand-strap for my m6, and am considering a grip. i know leica
>makes a grip for the m, but have seen one made by another company (believe
>it was made of metal). can any tell me the name of that company, or point
>me to their website? also, does any one prefer grip (i.e. the leica one) or
>the other?
>why or why not? any one dead set against using grips?
>
>thanks, as always.
>
>guy

Peter Jon White