Subject: Re: [Leica] 60 Macro -- flat field
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 06:44:53 -0400

I'd love a 60! flat field! hugely protected front element!
Mark Rabiner

	--> Flat field
	Is that a characteristic of all the 60mm macros
	or only of the Leica R one ?

	There once were comments that the 60mm Leica R
	was not quite as sharp as "should" be, which I doubt,
	and some competing designs get very high scores,
	some even, it seems, beating the Leica R Macro-Elmarit 60mm.

	Perhaps would someone care to compare it
	to, for instance, a 50mm Summicron-R
	for a "common" reference ?

	What is the general opinion on using a Summicron R 50mm
	with close-up lenses (does Leica make any? )
	as a far less expensive surrogate to a 60mm Macro
	in terms of resulting images , for "casual" macro-photography ?

	What about color accuracy and tonal range ?

	If only the Macro 60 Leica R was about the same
	price as a Summicron, but it's more than twice the price
	in Canada . . .

	The ideal focals, to me, remain 28mm and 60mm,
	telephoto enough for my needs and tastes.

	Andre Jean Quintal