Subject: Re: [Leica] Follow focusing (WAS: Thanks!! OT Nikon F5)
From: Harrison Mcclary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 21:16:01 -0500

once upon a time Rick Dykstra wrote:

> Also, having learned focus tracking with a Leica, turing the lens
> clockwise to focus closer, I cannot make the mental adjustment to do it
> the other way with a Nikon.  It's like it's imprinted.

Rick,

Try turning your hand over when focusing.  If you normally hold the lens
with your palm up (hand under the lens supporting) when focusing on the
Nikon simply hold the focusing hand with your palm down (hand gripping the
lens from top, not really supporting so you need a monopod) and give it a
try.  A fellow who shot for the Atlanta Journal Constitution told me this
trick and it works pretty well.  He shot Canon stuff and when he was using
the AJC's pool lenses this is what he did.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net