Subject: [Leica] m3? me? whoda thunk.
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 17:32:32 -0400 (EDT)

[i said the meterless m3 was driving me nuts, bernard points out:]

> M3? I can't believe *you* actually went for it. I was looking just the
> other day at a nice M3 with 50/1.4, but without a built-in
> lightmeter.... not me! That's not what 35mm cameras are for; they're to
> be quick and versatile. I have MF cameras without meter, and that's bad
> enough.

yeah, crazy ain't it? but a plugger found it in a local store very cheap
and very ugly. i did want a leica so ugly that no one would steal it from
me (i live in the hood) but the distressing of my m6 is going slower than
i'd hoped (only one ding, zincing proceeding, but slowly, plyer marks on
the battery cover) so i couldn't turn this one down soverycheap. but the
lack of light meter will be it's ebaying, i mean, undoing. so i still need
a light meter. this camera is too ugly for public consumption, don't make
me sell it now! i'm counting on someone out there having a spare meter
they've been using to wedge the door open.

and, if not, what's a fair price for one? (you can e-mail me privately).

thanks,

kc