Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Nikon F5
From: Uweflammer@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 13:40:49 EDT

<<OK, so that I can understand how non AF people operate is fast action, what
are
your (and the groups) opinion on this.>>

I never did wildlife pictures in Africa - if i would do, i would checkout the
Novoflex system at first, before thinking about AF. I do not want to bash the
AF. But as amateur photographer, who cannot earn money with his pictures, i
do not want to spend a lot of money in electronic technology which changes
every some years. I prefer a simple technology, with limited number of
functions, which i can practise and understand in my limited free time. Of
course, i am loosing pictures sometimes. But according to my experience, i
will loose even more if i would entrust too much in automation.

If i want to do a shot of a moving object, i try to preset all adjustments
before and wait until the object appears in focus. My favourite (moving)
subjects are people and all sorts of vehicules, and here, this method nearly
always works. Only children are sometimes difficult, they can behave
incalculably.

Best regards
Uwe.

Replies: Reply from Simon Lamb <s_lamb@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Nikon F5)