Subject: [Leica] R5/R7 Flash
From: "David E. Strang" <dstrang@up.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 23:27:35 -0400

Justy a word of thanks to all for the promt reply on the
flash issue with the R5/R7 camera with SCA351.

I had grave concerns for the proper configuration of
the Metz flashes (40MZ3/50MZ5) with the SCA351
module on the R5/R7 camera. Seems TTL is a snap
(as it should be) with the above configuration.

As a side note about flash, I used the 50MZ5 configured
as a slave unit to the 40MZ3 which was fired from the
hotshoe. It seemed to work fine at a wedding reception
tonite, but the film will tell for sure. It's really slick system
that makes the 50MZ5 well worth the extra cash it goes for.

Regards,
Dave Strang
dstrang@up.net

Replies: Reply from John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu> (Re: [Leica] R5/R7 Flash)