Subject: RE: [Leica] Screw mount vs M mount Viewfinder
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 07:26:56 +0100

Jim,
Providing the viewfinder is made by Leica I'd reccomend it, I've tried a
lot over the years and had my first bad scenario at my wife's sister's
wedding, the cheap Russian finder I was using meant I ended up with half
the bridegroom missing!
A lot of other brands can work fine but I'd get a money back deal and test
it with a roll of film as soon as purchased. This is useful too for Leica
finders in case they are dim from years of dusty storage,  a good clean can
make a world of difference.
When I was a student I happily used a Zeiss 35mm finder for years with my
first 35mm lens (a Staeble Lineogon) though the Zeiss finders are supposed
to have a narrower width to their accesory foot and therfore be susceptible
to unwanted rotation in the shoe.

best regards,
Jem