Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Japan?
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 02:41:17 +0800

Lucien,

I was quoting from the sales literatures given to Leica dealers like myself.
All the Japanese-made Vario-Elmars are described as 'Designed by Leica, Made
in Japan'.

The VE 28-70/3.5-4.5 is certainly based on an original design by Sigma, but
Leica may have altered the optical design very slightly so the lens is now
described as 'Designed by Leica'.

Cheers,

Joseph